Welcome to Colorado Spine and Sport!
Serving Boulder County's active families since 2001. Our entire team is committed to bringing you organic healthcare options with cost transparency. Colorado Spine and Sport is a full service clinic providing chiropractic, physical therapy, sports medicine, massage therapy, and radiology services all onsite.
Each patient will be evaluated and treated on an individual basis. We are proud of our clinic's reputation to recognize each patient's unique clinical needs, financial and time limitations, and personal spinal health goals. To that end, we discourage any potential patient from seeking care at any clinic requiring long-term prepaid treatment plans, free introductory examinations, or open treatment areas lacking privacy.
2015 CLINIC NEWS
- Colorado Spine and Sport featured in famed ultrarunner Anton (Tony) Krupicka's 15 Hours video biography giving an intimate glimpse into a day into his life. He shares his thoughts on his current injury and his early life growing up in Nebraska only to become one of the world's coveted ultra runners known for his spiritual attachment to the sport.
- Join NBC World of Adventure feature on Dr. Rodgers and a team led by 7 X Adventure Race World Champion and Guinness Book World Record Holder Ian Adamson set off via kayak from Canada into the Bay of Fundy past the Bold Coast of Maine. Ever wish your health care provider understood your active life more? We get it and want to give it back to you!
- Colorado Spine and Sport partners with Boulder Neurosurgical Associates and Boulder Valley School District for Spinal Hygiene 101 community outreach program. Come see how collaborative care of spinal related disorders can work!
- Dr. Rodgers named by his peers to serve as an expert consultant to the Colorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners. He will serve Colorado consumers in this role to render clinical standard of care recommendations to the Board of Examiners when complaints are made by consumers. We are proud of our clinic's reputation and this appointment puts an exclamation point on that pride.
- Colorado Spine and Sport adds diagnostic ultrasound imaging to its clinic services. Diagnostic muskuloskeletal ultrasound is an instantly accessible cost effective replacement to diagnostic MRI's and allows for in office immediate diagnostic feedback to patients with muscle and tendon soft tissue injuries. It also allows our physical therapy staff more precise localization of soft tissues problems when performing dry needling. Ask about this new addition and if it's right for your case!
2014 CLINIC NEWS
- Back by popular demand, this year's most applicable studies to active patients. Best 2014 Chiropractic Research Studies
- Colorado Spine and Sport added Christy Kohler, DPT in our physical therapy department. Christy has over 10 years experience treating patients with muskuloskeletal injuries. As a mother, runner, and former PT for the US Figure Skating National Team, she feels your pain. Our spinal patients experience a fantastic integration of both physical therapy and chiropractic care. Most cases are seen by both providers where your exam and imaging findings are reviewed by both providers to formulate a one stop shop for successful outcomes. We work with your orthopedist, neurosurgeon, and checking account to provide comprehensive cost effective care. You'll always see the same provider every appointment and unlike most PT clinics, your care won't be managed by a rotating physical therapy assistant. Check out her full bio at Christy Kohler, PT
2013 CLINIC NEWS
- Another great year for chiropractic care in the medical literature as the most effective treatment of non surgical back pain and as ambassadors of spinal hygiene! Top publications of 2013 touting chiropractic care and core stability as your first choice.
2012 CLINIC NEWS
- Dr. Rodgers interviewed by Boulder Camera sports writer Clay Evans as an expert on the topic of barefoot and minimalist running. "Is there Minimized Interest in Barefoot Running".
- Dr. Rodgers honored with 6 others by the Boulder County Business Report as a 2012 Healthcare Hero for his work with Boulder County event sports medicine programs! Look for us at all the 2012 Ironman events in the Front Range.
2011 CLINIC NEWS
- Dr. Rodgers began the 2 year whiplash curriculum at Spinal Research Institute of San Diego to study the effects and management of vehicle collisions on the human spine and brain with international whiplash researcher and biomechanist Dr. Arthur Croft, DC, PhD.
- Professional marathoner Adriana Pirtea Nelson discusses her return to the podium in Running Times Magazine in 2011 and how effective her care has been at Colorado Spine and Sport for her running injuries.
- Dr. Thomm has received national certification in the Webster Technique to correct maternal sacral misalignment, balance pelvic muscles and ligaments which allows the baby to achieve the best possible position for birth.
Dr. Rodgers wins Teva Games against international field of paddlers in Vail this past June. Check out the full story.
2010 CLINIC NEWS
- Dr. Rodgers part of Guinness World Record Kayak Distance Record on the Yukon River in Canada June 2010. Follow prolific American paddler Andy Corra's story here.
- Dr. Rodgers interviewed for July Runner's World article on preventing running injuries. Read how to decide what sports medicine specialist is best suited to evaluate your unique injury!
- Chiropractic care has an outstanding year in top clinical trial journals and government studies. Click here for a summary of studies demonstrating clinical and cost effectiveness of chiropractic care to all other treatment options.
2009 CLINIC NEWS
- Dr. Rodgers attends Whiplash Management program at the Dr. Arthur Croft's nationally-renowned Spinal Research Institute of San Diego to study the effects and management of low speed vehicle collisions on the human spine.
- Runners take note. Dr. Rodgers blister prevention and management strategies on La Sportiva Mountain Running site. Don't get blisters, prevent them! http://mountainrun.wordpress.com/2009/10/18/blisters-dont-treat-them-prevent-them/
2008 CLINIC NEWS
- Dr. Rodgers named to 2008 US Canoe and Kayak National Team and is headed to
World Championships in Europe to represent the US June 1-10th. Please plan your injuries accordingly:)
- Dr. Rodgers attended the Boulder Neurosurgical Symposium in November with local orthopedic, neurosurgeons, pain management physicians, chiropractors and physical therapists to further enhance our clinic's comprehensive management of complex spinal conditions.
- Channel 9 News comes to Colorado Spine and Sport to discuss a new auto insurance law in 2009. www.coloradomedpay.com/page2.h...
2007 CLINIC NEWS
- Dr. Rodgers nominated for 2007 Sports Chiropractor of the Year by his peers for the second year in a row!
- Dr. Rodgers featured in March Outside Magazine sports medicine article. http://outside.away.com/outside/bodywork/200703/owners-manual-back-5.html
- Dr. Rodgers featured in April Boulder Daily Camera video gait analysis article. http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_13076482?IADID=Search-www.dailycamera.com-www.dailycamera.com
- Dr. Rodgers featured in April Rocky Mountain Sports Magazine adventure racing article. http://www.rockymountainsports.com/article/?Guid=e0707d8e-d2db-4c82-ab9e-add47a451a39
- Dr. Thomm and Dr. Rodgers both just returned from the Rehab Summit in Las Vegas this July. They spent 3 days updating their skills to treat auto-related injury and cervical whiplash to improve our patient outcomes following a motor vehicle collision.